Mark Jacobs is a creative and accomplished litigator with deep experience that is enhanced by his background as a transactional lawyer. Mark has broad commercial litigation experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts, arbitration proceedings, and mediation. As lead trial and appeals counsel, he advises businesses on all aspects of legal issues with a focus on defining and achieving successful business outcomes. Mark also has experience in advising clients in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate governance.
As a leader in the legal community, Mark has served for years as a Co-Chair of the Private Equity Litigation Subcommittee for the American Bar Association’s Commercial & Business Litigation Committee and consistently has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine as an “Ohio Super Lawyer” (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019), “Ohio Super Lawyer Rising Star” (2006, 2009, 2011-2013), and by “Best Lawyers” in Commercial Litigation (2019).
Mark has represented businesses in diverse industries and matters, including:
- Pre- and post-closing disputes related to mergers & acquisitions; enforcement of letters of intent; breaches of representations and warranties; earn-outs; purchase price adjustments; intellectual property transfers and licenses; and executive employment agreements
- Commercial contract disputes with suppliers, contractors, licensors, licensees, and customers
- Enforcement of non-compete agreements; protection of trade secrets; and patent and trademark infringement
- Shareholder and owner disputes; shareholder derivative suits; breaches of fiduciary duties; and business dissolutions
- Disputes related to real property acquisitions; rights of first refusal; leases; construction; and title contests
- Disputes arising from business financing transactions
- Transactional matters, including mergers & acquisitions; joint ventures; fund formation; real estate acquisitions; leases; financings; convertible debt offerings; and going private transactions
- Corporate formation and governance issues; choice of entity; board obligations; and operating and shareholders agreements
Mark is active as a leader in civic organizations throughout the community, including as an officer of B’nai Jeshurun Congregation and formerly as a Board Member of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America.
The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., with honors (1999)
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A. (1995)
Supreme Court of Ohio
Supreme Court of the United States
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. District Court for the eastern District of Wisconsin